What is Platelet Rich Plasma?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), has become a valuable adjunct in wound healing in dental surgery.
Platelets are colorless bodies that are present in blood. Their sticky surface lets them form clots to stop bleeding. PRP is a substance that is rich in platelets which helps your body to heal faster by producing blood clots and concentrating growth factor. To create PRP, we use 20 – 40 cc of your blood to extract a suitable quantity of platelets.
What are the Consequences of Untreated Sleep Apnea?
PRP can be used for many oral and maxillofacial clinical procedures:
- Sinus Lift
- Bone Grafting
- Closure of Cleft Lip & Palate
- Repair of Bone Defects from the Removal of Small Cysts or Teeth.
- Repair of Openings between the Mouth and Sinus Cavity Caused by Disease,
Injury, or Malformation.
What are the Advantages of Platelet Rich Plasma?
- There is no disease transmission because PRP is a by-product of the patient’s
- We can generate PRP easily.
- Using PRP is a way to accelerate and enhance the body’s
natural wound healing mechanisms.
- PRP is cost effective because it is produced at our office in less
than fifteen minutes in the PRP Centrifuge Machine, not at a hospital or blood